National Recognition of our commitment to quality
- In 2010, the Joint Commission recognized San Angelo Community Medical Center as a Top Performer on the following Key Quality Measures: heart attack, pneumonia and surgical care.
- The MRI service is accredited through the American College of Radiology.
- SACMC is accredited through the American College of Radiology and inspected annually by a combination of the Texas Department of Health Services and FDA.
- Imaging Services is inspected annually by a medical physicist as required by the Texas Department of Health Services to ensure all machines are operating within safe limits for radiation exposure.
- The Rehabilitation and Stroke Center is recognized with the “Top Performer Award” for outstanding rehabilitation program in 2009, 2010 and 2011. The Rehabilitation and Stroke Center is Joint Commission and CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) certified.
- The Laboratory is accredited by The Joint Commission.
- Laboratory Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Safe Kids of San Angelo is the recipient of three national awards for outstanding service.
- Community Health Club is a national award-winning facility, earning awards such as the prestigious “NOVA 7 Certificate of Excellence” presented by Fitness Management Magazine and the “National Fitness Award,” “Program Innovation Award,” and “Distinguished Achievement Award” from the Medical Fitness Association.
- San Angelo Community Medical Center Cancer Program is approved by the Commission on Cancer, American College of Surgeons.
- SACMC is the area’s only hospital to be accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, the national chest pain center accreditation agency.
- SACMC is a recipient of the American Heart Association’s 2011 Mission: Lifeline Award for implementing a higher standard of care for heart attack patients. SACMC is recognized for the award in the August 2011 issue of US News and World Report.
- SACMC is recognized with the Outstanding Patient Safety Award in 2007 and 2010 from Community Health Systems.
- SACMC’s Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Nursing Officer received the 2010 Outstanding Achievement Award from Community Health Systems for demonstrating operational excellence and maintaining on-going commitment to providing quality healthcare.
< Return to City of San Angelo Employees Main Page.