Things You Should Know about BidShift...
- It is your responsibility to check back to the BidShift site to see if you have been awarded a shift you requested. You can also receive an email notification.
- Awarded shifts are considered scheduled shifts and if you do not show, it is counted as an absence. You must follow the established policy if you cannot work a scheduled shift.
- You must meet your schedule commitment to maintain your BidShift eligibility.
- Feel free to request to work on other units. Any necessary unit specific orientation will be arranged ahead of time.
- If you need to retract your request for a particular shift, click on the “My Shifts” tab, click on the appropriate requested shift, and click “Retract My Request”. You can do this as long as the shift has not already been awarded.
- If you are interested in working a portion of a shift on BidShift, contact the unit manager.
What is BidShift?
BidShift is a web-based program that allows clinical staff to go online to view and request open shifts on any unit for which they are qualified.
It is important to remember that you still must meet your regular unit’s scheduling commitment to be eligible to bid on shifts through BidShift.
How Does BidShift Work?
- Open shifts are posted on BidShift after the base schedule is completed.
- Staff members looking to pick up shifts log in to view the open shifts and request those they are interested in working.
- Managers then choose from the list of requesters and add that person to the schedule.
- Staff members then log back into BidShift to see if they were awarded the requested shifts (you can also receive an email notification).
How Do I Get Started?
Enroll in just 5 minutes!
- Access BidShift on the internet at westtxchs.bidshift.com
- Select “Click here to enroll!” Enter your last name first initial as a one word username. Use your middle initial if a duplicate message displays. Pick a password. Fill in your preferred email address.
- Enter your personal and position information.
- Click through the Skill Listing and indicate all your current areas of experience. These are used to match you to a particular shift’s needs.
- Click “Submit Registration” to submit your profile. Your manager will review and approve your profile. Once approved, you will receive an email that your profile has been activated, or you can check with your manager.
How Do I Bid on Shifts?
- Return to the BidShift website, westtxchs.bidshift.com
- Enter the username and password you selected during sign up.
- Choose “all qualified shifts” to view all open shifts for which you qualify or click on one of the other categories to see a shorter list.
- Click on the shift you want to work.
- Click “Request this Shift” and “Done”. Note: You can request as many shifts as you like. If you are awarded a shift, any other shifts you requested that overlap the time of the scheduled shift will be automatically removed.
- You can log-on and view the shifts you have bid on and the shifts you have been selected to work by clicking on the corresponding tab at the top of the screen.
- If you have questions about BidShift, please contact your manager.