Community Wellness for San Angelo
is about your health and wellness and the wellness of our city. Our program offers individuals as well as businesses a way to assess and improve overall health and wellness. Through a health risk assessment (HRA), you will find information about your personal health and about the overall wellness of your company. Our vision is to lead San Angelo to become a “well city,” a city with healthy employees and businesses, establishing San Angelo as a fit and vibrant community. We salute the City of San Angelo for their commitment to wellness and becoming a role model for San Angelo. For more information about how you or your company can participate, call Sheryl Pfluger, director of marketing and business development, at 325-947-6224.
What is an HRA?
It is a Health Risk Assessment (HRA), which will outline your current health status by identifying your risk factors. Below are the risk factors identified:
How do we assess these risk factors?
- Overall wellness
- Heart health
- Cancer risk
- Diabetes score
- Osteoporosis risk
- Physicial fitness
- Mental health
- Safety practices
- Weight related risks
You will undergo a health screening which includes taking a small blood sample, blood pressure, height, weight and answering a detailed questionnaire that includes health and lifestyle questions. Your health screening information will be used to develop your wellness score and identify health risks. Through HRA screening, areas for improvement are identified and recommended 'next steps' determined.
Note: You will need to be fasting for 8 hours for a blood sample.
Accessing your Health Risk Assessment Online
Please click on the name of your organization below to log into your individual home page.
See instructions below to complete your health risk assessment online:
- Login with your employee ID number, which will take you to your home page.
- Click on “assess your health” - it will be in top right hand corner of your home page.
- Terms and conditions box will appear, click agree at the bottom of the box.
- Click on “start new assessment”.
- Begin answering questions concerning lifestyle practices and habits. There are 13 sections of questions and will take about 20-30 minutes to complete. Note: you may leave the question about blood pressure, pulse, and waist measurement blank - we will be measuring this for you.
- After you have finished last section, click on “finish”, save and exit.
- This will take you back to homepage where you can view your wellness score. Click on “assessment” to view your report. To print report, click on “ view pdf report” and print.
Note: To view your home page correctly, please make sure you are using the browser Internet Explorer 7 or 8.
Please contact the Wellness Coordinator, Christy Nesbitt, RN, at the city clinic with any questions or to make an appointment. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 7:45am - 4:45pm.
All HIPAA* regulations and privacy laws are followed in the Wellness Center. Only the Wellness Coordinator will have access to data collected. Your personal health information will be protected.
*Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act