We provide one-on-one care in a hospital environment. Patients arrive in the evening and receive a full explanation of the testing procedures. Qualified technicians monitor the entire test. A minimum of six hours of documented sleep time is obtained. Patients leave the hospital the next morning. A physician board-certified in pulmonology and sleep medicine interprets test results.
Sleep apnea is a treatable disorder that affects millions of people but is often undiagnosed. Symptoms of sleep apnea (two or more means you may have the condition):
- Loud or excessive snoring
- Choking or gasping for breath during sleep
- Feeling tired or fatigued after you have slept
- Excessive sweating during sleep
- Restless sleep
- Nodding off or falling asleep while driving or at work
- A weight change in the past five years
- A neck size of 17 or more for men and 16 or more for women
As many as four in 100 middle-aged men and two in 100 middle-age women suffer from the condition.
For more information, contact the Sleep Lab at 325-947-6413.