Congratulations! You're having a baby.
Contact our OB Concierge at 947-6985 or by e-mail at
At San Angelo Community Medical Center, expectant families can expect more: more pampering, more peace of mind and more attention with our OB Concierge program. The concierge is a personal consultant who is there for you every step of the way - from helping you create a personalized birthing plan to offering free childbirth classes. And if your baby happens to need extra special care, you can rest easy knowing that Community has San Angelo's highest level Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Expectant moms are encouraged to tour our Birthing Center (Labor & Delivery Unit) and meet our experienced staff. To speak with our OB Concierge and schedule a tour, call 947-6985.
For a schedule of Childbirth Classes at San Angelo Community Medical Center, please click here.
At San Angelo Community Medical Center, you can expect many amazing benefits. Some of them include:
- Skilled and experienced physicians & staff – We take pride in our experience and the skill of our team in helping you bring your bundle of joy into the world.
- OB Concierge- The OB Concierge is a clinical professional who will guide you through every step of your pregnancy including the most joyous day - the birth of your new baby. The OB Concierge is available to answer any questions you may have regarding your pregnancy and after your precious baby is born. To speak with our OB Concierge and schedule a tour, call 947-6985 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m to 5 p.m.
- Childbirth Classes – We offer free childbirth education classes to new moms and dads as well as those who need a refresher. Click here for information on topics, times and dates and to register online.
- Lactation Consultant – Our staff is experienced in providing lactation education and support. In addition, we have a certified lactation consultant on-staff to assist when needed.
- Infant Risk Hotline - A program of the Laura W. Bush Institute for Women's Health, this call center is available for mothers to inquire about safe medication use during pregnancy and breastfeeding and more. Call (806) 352-2519 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., or visit www.infantrisk.org.
- Information via our website through our Health Resources - When you visit our homepage and click on the Health Resources link, you have access to a wealth of current information on pregnancy and childbirth.
- Celebration Chime - We celebrate each baby's arrival with dad ringing the celebration chime that announces the birth of your new baby to everone in the hospital.
- Free Wireless Internet Access - for an added convenience, you will have access to our free hospital guest wireless internet access
- A special collection of keepsakes to help celebrate the birth of your child:
- A personalized, hand-crafted "belly button" that has been beautifully and artfully constructed by well-known local artist Roger Allen of the Chicken Farm Art Center, featuring your baby's name and birth date.
- a Tiny Toes baby t-shirt in either pink or blue
- a Tiny Toes baby comb in either pink or blue
- A tote bag filled with either breast feeding supplies or formula depending on which you choose.
- Digital photo of your baby posted on our Tiny Toes e-Nursery. (Parental consent required.)
At San Angelo Community Medical Center, we will go the extra mile to make sure that your visit with us is as comfortable and memorable as possible. Again, congratulations! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Tiny Toes is an educational program provided by San Angelo Community Medical Center to help expectant mothers make informed health care decisions for themselves and their babies. Join Tiny Toes today! It’s a free resource from San Angelo Community Medical Center!
Learn more about our Tiny Toes program.
To help more pregnant women and new moms get information about caring for their health and giving their babies the best possible start in life, the National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition (HMHB) launched text4baby, the first free health text messaging service in the U.S.
Text4baby supports moms by providing accurate, text-length health information and resources in a format that is personal and timely, using a channel she knows and uses. Click here for more information or to sign up for this program.