The success of your medical treatment depends to a large degree upon your willingness to accept the following responsibilities as a patient:
- Provide to the best of your knowledge accurate and complete information about present symptoms, past illnesses and hospitalizations, medication usage and other matters relating to your health.
- Follow treatment plan as recommended by your physician.
- Report unexpected changes in your medical condition to your physician.
- Understand your course of treatment, including pain relief options, as outlined by your physician, nurses and other health professionals. When you do not understand, as your nurse or physician.
- Keep your schedule appointments with health care providers and notify them immediately if you are unable to do so.
- Take responsibility for consequences if you refuse medical treatment or do not follow physician's instructions.
- Assure that your financial obligations to the hospital and your health care providers are fulfilled as promptly as possible.
- Follow hospital rules and regulations affecting your care.
- Be considerate of the rights and property of other patients. Assist in the control of noise and number of visitors.
- Provide the hospital with a copy of your written directives if available.